What are the Father-Son Clubs?
The Father-Son Club is open to fathers and their sons. It teaches the boys to become men of character.
They learn to overcome difficulties, to stick to a task until it is finished, to respect others, to aspire to higher ideals.
For the fathers, the club provides tools to help them educate their sons to be this sort of man.
Fathers are expected to attend the monthly meetings with their sons.
What are the goals for the boys?
- To begin thinking about what kind of men they will be when they grow up
- To learn about some fundamental virtues and how they can live them
- To engage in fun yet manly activities where they can develop their character
- To become friends with other boys who are developing their character
What are the goals for the fathers?
- To have a chance to be with their sons in a fun atmosphere
- To better understand and articulate the virtues and see how they can help their sons acquire them
- To have more occasions for the conversations they want to have with their sons about deeper subjects